Tuesday, June 27, 2006

GOIN' WEST, YOUNG MAN... BRINGIN' IN NEW BLOOD... POD PEOPLE...

Hello, Kiddies!

It's yer old uncle Raf here with lots of news... a lot has happened, and it just dawned on me that I haven't updated this blog since March!

FIRST UP: Yours truly will be attending the SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON thanks to the generosity of Tom Negovan and his Century Guild/Olympian Publishing concerns. When I'm not haning out at Tom's impressive booth, ogling the beautiful artwork of Mucha, Klimt and others, or the incredible paintings by artist Gail Potocki, or being awed by the 40 FOOT WIDE BANNER FEATURING THE NOCTURNALS by Dan Brereton, I'll be visiting my second family, Moonstone, at their booth. I'll also be attending the Phantom panel, discussing some of my new projects featuring The Ghost Who Walks. Otherwise, I'll be wandering the aisles, looking for a friendly face. Stop me and say hi, or point me to the bathroom, won't you? Thanks. http://www.comic-con.org/index.php

SECONDLY: I want to officially announce (on this blog, anyway), the formation of TRANSFUZION, the intellectual property development studio co-founded by writer/publisher Gary Reed and myself. We had our debut at the wonderful Motor City con a few months ago, and were joined by member Randy Zimmerman. Fourth Musketeer Steve Jones was unable to attend, but we'll see him soon, I'm sure. TRANSFUZION has one basic tenet, and that is to find artists to assist we four writers in developing projects for publishers, film studios, and gaming companies, among others. Visit the site to see some of the projects we are currently developing, yeah? www.transfuzion.biz

NEXT: While at Motor City, Gary and I met with a swell bunch of guys from A FISTFULL OF COMICS, who interviewed a number of people in attendance, including living legend Jim Steranko, the crazy cats from ACTIONOPOLIS, Gary and me, and one of my dearest, closest friends and partners, cARToonist extraordinaire Antonio "ShortRound" Maldonado. You can check out the interviews at http://www.fistfullofcomics.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2 and my specific interview at http://www.fistfullofcomics.com/podcasts/creator_interviews/Novi_Nieves_Rafael_Interview_06.mp3

That's all for now, Chilluns. Hope to see many of you at San Diego! Tell yer friends, 'kay? Oh, and write me!!!

Laters

No comments: